MusiXTeX and Related Software
- TeXLive-2014 is now
It's possible to have multiple versions of TeXLive installed (in different directories).
After installation, set your PATH accordingly.
- In the Add-ons sub-section there's a new link to a website for a
package that supports typesetting of bagpipe music with MusiXTeX.
- A new sub-section on Problems with the Adobe Reader has been added to
Beyond the Basics.
- Rutger Hofman has submitted a
script that converts PMX (and some raw MusiXTeX commands) to Lilypond format. It is based
on an ancient script by Han-Wen Nienhuys, which has been updated and extended.
- A version 0.60e of M-Tx, released on Feb. 1 by Dirk Laurie, has been retracted as
the "bug" it addressed
was not a bug. The behaviour complained of is actually well
documented and motivated in the manual.
M-Tx sources and maintenance documentation are now at
Table of Contents:
users or those seeking an older file may wish to bypass this page and browse
the archive. That is the only access to some older
versions of current software (many past
versions of MusiXTeX, useful for tracking changes), files for MusiXTeX's
historical predecessors MusicTeX and MuTeX, and some other files that are not linked to from any
- This web page as of December 2012 is available
for this web page.
Search the WIMA Software Archive: