MusiXTeX and Related Software
Don Simons has produced a
beta of pmx280.
The Preface of the manual summarizes the changes,
the most significant being 2-note tremolos.
Please test this new feature and,
if you have pmx scores,
compile them with this version to check compatibility.
- Bob Tennent has released
MusiXTeX version 1.24.
- corrected material on transposition in musixdoc manual
- preserve changes to
\transpose in an hboxed tremolo command
- test that musixtex.tex has already been loaded in some extensions:
musixps, musixec, musixhv, musixplt, musixtmr, musixppff
- changed from
\ppff in several places
- support new command
- corrected typos
- Bob Tennent has released version 2016-11-02 of the
There are several minor corrections and improvements.
- Dieter Glötzel has released an updated version
of his MusicXML-to-PMX converter
- Don Simons has released
PMX version 2.76. This package is available
in the MiKTeX update wizard and an easy-to-install
with Windows and OSX binaries is available at
- Allow accented characters in lyrics.
- Behind-the-scenes modifications to allow staff-crossing chords that
are unbeamed or beamed, as illustrated in staffcrossall.pmx.
- Modifications to allow accented characters in text strings in
lyrics, page headers, and text dynamics.
- Bugfixes in unbeamed, dotted xtuplets.
- Increased allowable length of text dynamic strings from 52 to 64
Table of Contents:
users or those seeking an older file may wish to bypass this page and browse
the archive. That is the only access to some older
versions of current software (many past
versions of MusiXTeX, useful for tracking changes), files for MusiXTeX's
historical predecessors MusicTeX and MuTeX, and some other files that are not linked to from any
- This web page as of December 2012 is available
for this web page.
Search the WIMA Software Archive: