MusiXTeX and Related Software
Bob Tennent has released
MusiXTeX version 1.26.
The only changes are corrections for minor bugs in the implementation
\setinterstaff that were causing Overfull hboxes.
Dieter Glötzel has released an updated version
of his MusicXML-to-PMX converter
- There are new command line fields: options and maxbar.
options may contain one or several of the nine letters xpdvalstg in arbitrary sequence in upper or lower case and without spaces.
maxbar is a limit on the number of bars to be processed.
When maxbar = 0 then all bars will be processed.
- With option = L, Lyrics can be extracted and stored in a separate file: songtext.txt.
- Automatic detection of pickup.
- Incomplete measures or voices are automatically filled with blind rests.
- Hiroaki Morimoto has released version
in musixdoc.pdf as "Type M Postscript slurs"). This new version conforms
to the new specifications
of dvipdfm(x) and pdfTeX since TeX Live 2016 concerning
MetaPost-generated EPS files (*.mps).
The appearances of generated slurs are the same.
In case you have a too-old version of MetaPost that does not support outputtemplate,
use version 0.53.
- Bob Tennent has released
MusiXTeX version 1.25.
- included dummy file tuplet.tex
- Bob Tennent has released version 2017-07-14 of the
Global skips are now automatically inserted before accidentals
on all collective-coding notes, not just beamed notes. In some
cases, this additional spacing may be unnecessary; automatic
spacing is not provided for any of the explicit accidental commands
- Don Simons has produced a
beta of pmx280.
The Preface of the manual summarizes the changes,
the most significant being 2-note tremolos.
Please test this new feature and,
if you have pmx scores,
compile them with this version to check compatibility.
- Don Simons has released
PMX version 2.76. This package is available
in the MiKTeX update wizard and an easy-to-install
with Windows and OSX binaries is available at
- Allow accented characters in lyrics.
- Behind-the-scenes modifications to allow staff-crossing chords that
are unbeamed or beamed, as illustrated in staffcrossall.pmx.
- Modifications to allow accented characters in text strings in
lyrics, page headers, and text dynamics.
- Bugfixes in unbeamed, dotted xtuplets.
- Increased allowable length of text dynamic strings from 52 to 64
Table of Contents:
users or those seeking an older file may wish to bypass this page and browse
the archive. That is the only access to some older
versions of current software (many past
versions of MusiXTeX, useful for tracking changes), files for MusiXTeX's
historical predecessors MusicTeX and MuTeX, and some other files that are not linked to from any
- This web page as of December 2012 is available
for this web page.
Search the WIMA Software Archive: